Temporary Contracted Research and Communication Assistant
The Dream Tale Puppets’ upcoming projects and plans require expanding the existing network of contacts with presenters and seeking new partners and audiences. The Temporary Research and Communication Assistant will work closely with the Artistic Director to broaden the company’s outreach. Specific tasks may include:
- Researching, identifying, and verifying prospective presenters, partners, and collaborators; collecting, recording, and organizing relevant data. The research will be conducted through selected geographical areas and categories of prospects (like libraries, schools, parents’ organizations, theatres, and art and culture centers).
- Getting to know the company’s work, history, values, and visions for development as well as the experience of the ensemble members. This will be done by consulting the information available on the Dream Tale Puppets website as well as by talking to the artistic director.
- Pitching ideas and preparing drafts and templates for marketing communication (blurbs, bios, short information, letters) aimed at a several potential categories of recipients.)
- Assisting in developing ways to initiate correspondence with prospective collaborators, following up with reaching out and if needed carrying on initiated communication in coordination with other marketing, producing, and fundraising activities.
- Preparing or participating in preparation of marketing materials (blog and social media posts, press releases, study guides, leaflets, handouts, programs).
- Completion of at least two years of undergraduate studies
- Excellent written communication and editorial skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and positive, amiable mindset
- Ability to analyze the results of actions taken and suggest corrections and alternative actions
- Attentive to details
- Strong time management skills and ability to work accurately and systematically
- Team player; willing to pick up tasks as needed, and show independence and initiative in completing projects and tasks
- Capacity to be productive when working independently or collaboratively
- Ability to work remotely, with access to a computer, fast reliable internet connection and camera for video conferencing
- Adept with technology and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge or experience in theatre is a plus but not required
$25.00 an hour. This is a temporary, contract position for 4 hours a week. This is an initial 4 weeks long engagement that will begin as soon as we will find the right person. Further contracts comprising similar tasks are being planned
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a letter of interest with your resume and two relevant references (contact info and your relationship) to:
ABOUT THIS ORGANIZATION
Dream Tale Puppets produces and presents quality original puppetry performances for children and families, alongside theatrical and educational programs for all ages. The theatre is dedicated to the explorations of traditional and modern styles of puppetry as well as to the research in the language of theatrical art with a special interest in the relationship between the art of the actor, the puppeteer, and the visual artist.
We believe in the power of theatrical transformative experience, in the value of developing and sharing joyful and mindful exploratory and creative practices, and in the curiosity and inquisitiveness directed toward worlds that surround us as much as those that reside in our bodies and minds, memories and imagination.